HOW DO YOU DREAM BIG WHEN ON A BUDGET?
- Written by Melanie Toye, August 25, 2013
Have you ever sat down and designed your own dream home? Yet, when you started your house hunting adventure, you discovered there was nothing on the market that resembled what you pictured in your mind.
Yes, you may have realised your budget cannot afford to pay for your dream living. Or can it?
See you can create your dream home. You just have to know where to look to create the style you want. If you are looking to buy an older established property for example, then perhaps all you need to spend money on in turning your place into a dream home is the interior decorating. And with online shopping, markets and antique stores, you can actually pick up quality, stylish materials for a bargain price. All you have to do is be prepared to do the hunting. And you may even find something better than you had originally planned for.
If you are building a property, you will soon learn when on a budget, there are general housing styles that you will choose from. Rather than you creating your unique style plan from scratch. Why? More complex design will cost you more to build. If you like the majority of the style but want to add some changes, ask your builder. Being flexible and having negotiation skills is key. However time is money. The longer is will take for your new design to be drafted and approved, the more the delay will cost you.
Again, really think about if there was a wall within that you originally wanted removed to open the space. Maybe with interior decorating you can change the feel of the room to make it look more open and larger, even with the wall still in place.
Having your dream home is by filling your home with warmth and happiness. You don't have to have the most expensive property on the block. But by making it your own, you turn your house to a home. Remember less is best and when furnishing, only choose items that bring you joy.
- Buying property in a natural disaster area
- Renovate to the value of the market
- Why you shouldn't wait to get into the property market
- Property Investment Choices
- Before you go property shopping, read this
- Three things to consider before upsizing your property
- How much would you spend on an investment property?
- Holiday home investments - is it worth it?
- Passive income for now and the future
- Let The Block be your guide on how buy & sell works
- Decisions, decisions. Fixed or variable?
- Off the plan property purchases
- 2014 - The year of property
- Customer service is our focus
- Buying to renovate and sell
- Another way to look at property
- Manage your own rental property
- December - Is it a bad time to sell?
- Sick of renting?
- Difference between a bigger property vs a smaller one
- 30 Days of Packing during Christmas
- What I learned from buying my first property
- The right time to sell
- The risk going guarantor
- How do you dream big when on a budget?
- First home or first investment?
- Got equity?
- Buying your last home
- Property purchases based on climate change
- The renovators dream
- Auctions are a winner
- Planning for your financial future
- Cheaper to buy than rent
- Pay off your mortgage sooner
- The Effects of Having Low Interest Rates
- Planning for the future
- Looking to Invest in Property?
- How to Choose a Mortgage Broker
- First Time Mortgage Borrowers
- Be 'In the Know' When Buying a Property
- Refinancing Your Mortgage to Build Your Financial Portfolio
- Borrowing in a Self Managed Super Fund
- Major Life Decisions
- Which State Wins the Popularity Race?
- How to Build a Portfolio of Multiple Properties
- Seeking Funds For Your Investment?
- Boost Your Home Value
- When Buying A Unit
- Take the Stress Out Of Buying Your Home With These Handy Tips
- Refinancing - The Smarter Way to Lower Your Home Loan Repayments
- How to Build A Good Deposit
- Lower Your Mortgage With These Simple Tips
- Big Decision - Overseas Travel or Buy Your First Home?
- Buying Off the Plan
- Saving For A Deposit